Waiakea has led the industry and consistently wins awards for their great strides:
• 2015 Food and Beverage Innovation Award 2015
• The Most Socially Responsible Company in North America Gold in 2015-Best Biz Awards
• The Most Elite Bottled Water on the Market- Dujour Awards
• Finalist, Packaging Design and Taste Awards
• The Best Packaged Water and the Best Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative
• Water Gold – Best In Show
• Number two Leading Bottled Water Brands 2016 globally
Ryan Emmons, the founder of Waiakea has created a brand that is fast becoming known for its eco-friendly initiatives including efforts like the plan to make their water bottles completely biodegradable by the end of 2017. The brand considers itself a leader in sustainability. It also seeks to be a charitable company. It donates 650 liters of their water for each liter it sells.
The primary recipients of the donated water live in countries facing clean water challenges. Waiakea partners with Pump Aid, which helps people in the rural regions of African countries. Waiakea and Pump Aid have built more than 4,230 pumps giving access to clean water in the country of Malawi. These efforts provide clean water to 487,600 people on a daily basis. The partnership has also contributed to providing education for the people, reducing malnutrition and increasing employment opportunities.
Waiakea Hawaiian Volcanic Water is steadily accomplishing great growth in its business and in its eco-friendly efforts in producing a healthy product and its environmental conservation. It promotes clean water that distributed to those who otherwise would not have access and its continued efforts in reforestation. Waiakea has proven itself to be the kind of company new businesses should use as a model.